Home insurance is vital to provide some security to our personal posessions and property if the worst was to happen. House Insurance is broken into 2 main catergories; building insurance and home contents insurance.
If you are a homeowner it is advisable to have both building and contents insurance. For a Landlord, just buildings insurance though special dedicated Landlord Insurance can be sourced. For tenants, often contents insurance is only required.
It is worth the time involved to shop around to find the best deals. Below is a selection of the main sites where you are likely to find the best deals.
Nationwide Home Insurance are currently offering:
- 20% off now and 20% off next year when you buy and renew buildings and contents cover together (conditions apply)
- Plus, an extra 10% off if you buy online
- 5-Star cover rating awarded by Defaqto (2009) and 5-Star service rating awarded by Consumer Intelligence (2008)
- No extra charge for paying monthly by Direct Debit
[ad name=”In content post 300×250″]
Endsleigh Insurance, Household Insurance
Whether you are buying your first home or just shopping around for a better premium, Endsleigh offers their lowest cost home insurance to suit you and your lifestyle. Try Endsleigh to see if you could save on your home insurance.
- Tailor-made home insurance policies to suit you
- Great cover benefits for your buildings and/or contents
- Optional extra home emergency cover should things go wrong
- 24 hour claims helpline
Barclays Home Insurance
Get Half Price Contents cover as well as a further 25% discount for buying online and get the following benefits;
- The option to choose from a series of additional covers that are also half price
- Up to £500,000 buildings cover and £50,000 contents cover
- Up to £25 refund towards any fees your current provider may charge for switching
- New-for-old replacements on most items
- A minimum 12-month guarantee on repairs and replacements arranged by us
- We can arrange for approved tradesmen to organise and carry out repairs on your behalf and guarantee repairs
Gocompare.com – compare home insurance quotes to get the right cover for you. Just tell us everything your policy has to have and we will search through over 24 insurance companies to help you find you the policy which best suits your needs – and we’ll rank them using our special 5 star rating system. Simple. So for the right home insurance at the right price, why Gocompare anywhere else?
is a free, impartial online and phone based comparison and switching service that helps customers compare prices on a range of services.
uSwitch.com Home Insurance – “Get up to 20% off home insurance today if you buy online with their exclusive offer.”
“If you’re renewing your home insurance then you’re guaranteed to save at least 10% on your current renewal quote.” Terms and conditions apply.
Marks and Spencer Home Insurance – Home Insurance
Marks and spencers will cover from garden gate to outhouse roof – loss or damage to your buildings including garages, sheds and swimming pools. We even cover blocked drains and storm and flood damage to fences and gates. Alternative accommodation is paid for as necessary, together with property owner’s liability cover up to £2 million for a single incident. Marks and Spencers Premier Cover protects against theft, loss, and accidental damage to the contents of your home – even including the possessions of visitors. You can make one claim every four years without affecting your no claims discount.