Home Information Pack sloganHIP
HIP Newcastle

Frequently asked Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) questions

How and when should I supply the Energy Performance Certificate?

The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and recommendation report must be made available free of charge by the seller or a landlord to a prospective buyer or tenant at the earliest opportunity and no later than:
  • when any written information about the building is provided in response to a request for information received from the prospective buyer; or
  • when a viewing is conducted; or
  • if neither of those occur, before entering into a contract to sell or let.
An energy performance certificate does not have to be made available if:
  • the seller believes that the prospective buyer or tenant is unlikely to have sufficient funds to purchase or rent the property or is not genuinely interested in buying or renting that type of property; or
  • the seller or landlord is unlikely to be prepared to sell or rent out the property to the prospective buyer or tenant (although this does not authorize unlawful discrimination)

Contact HIP-Consultant.co.uk to discuss your specific queries and/or requirements.

Previous question

Next question

Back to Main FAQ menu

hip-consultant.co.uk Newcastle
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms & Conditions | Web directory | Contact Us | Sitemap | Sitemap XML

Bedfordshire | Berkshire | Buckinghamshire | Cambridgeshire | Cheshire | Cornwall | Cumberland | Derbyshire | Devon | Dorset | Durham | Essex | Gloucestershire | Hampshire | Herefordshire | Hertfordshire | Huntingdonshire | Kent | Lancashire | Leicestershire | Lincolnshire | London | Middlesex | Norfolk | Northamptonshire | Northumberland | Nottinghamshire | Oxfordshire | Rutland | Shropshire | Somerset | Staffordshire | Suffolk | Surrey | Sussex | Tyne & Wear | Warwickshire | Westmoorland | Wiltshire | Worcestershire | Yorkshire
Copyright © 2008 - 2015 www.hip-consultant.co.uk