home information pack sloganhip-consultant.co.uk logo
EPC header couple holding hands in shape of house

Non Domestic - Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)

From 1 October 2008 all commercial, non-domestic buildings will be required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on sale, rental or upon construction.

The government has been phasing in the implementation of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). Energy Performance Certificates have been introduced for commercial buildings or industrial premises from April 2008.

  • Initially, from 6th April 2008 when all large 'commercial' (non-domestic) premises with a total floor area of more than 10,000sq m required an Energy Performance Certificate.
  • Then from 1st July 2008, this was extended to include all buildings with a total floor area greater than 2,500sq m.
  • On 1st October 2008 all remaining commercial buildings will require an EPC on sale, rental or upon construction.

So why an Energy Performance Certificate for commercial premises?

  • The commercial EPC will allow sellers and landlords to see areas where energy performance and efficiency could be improved within their property.¬†
  • Potential buyers and tenants will be able to get an impartial overview of the energy use and likely costs of the existing building.
We will be updating our frequently asked questions shortly. However, some of the main points that need to be remembered are:
  • The certificate is valid for ten years, or until a newer EPC is prepared.
  • For a building to fall within the requirement for an EPC it must have a roof and walls and use energy to condition the indoor climate (i.e has heating, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation) then you will require an EPC

For further information in regard to Energy Performance Certificates (CEPC) please visit the Governments advisory pages.

HIP-Consultant.co.uk EPC services
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms & Conditions | Web directory | Contact Us | Sitemap | Sitemap XML

Bedfordshire | Berkshire | Buckinghamshire | Cambridgeshire | Cheshire | Cornwall | Cumberland | Derbyshire | Devon | Dorset | Durham | Essex | Gloucestershire | Hampshire | Herefordshire | Hertfordshire | Huntingdonshire | Kent | Lancashire | Leicestershire | Lincolnshire | London | Middlesex | Norfolk | Northamptonshire | Northumberland | Nottinghamshire | Oxfordshire | Rutland | Shropshire | Somerset | Staffordshire | Suffolk | Surrey | Sussex | Tyne & Wear | Warwickshire | Westmoorland | Wiltshire | Worcestershire | Yorkshire
Copyright © 2008 - 2015 www.hip-consultant.co.uk